Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Red Chambers Stove

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SOONER4EVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2006
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi. I have a bright red Chambers stove I'll be selling soon. It is located in Oklahoma City. The stove is in our house and we've been using it for a couple of years. The people we bought the house from said they bought the stove new in either 1948 or 1949. It is red porcelain with a solid stainless steel top. It has 3 burners, a deep well and a griddle. There are no chips or fading on the porcelain. The only things I can see that don't work are the chrome handle that raises the griddle and the light. When you turn the handle the griddle doesn't raise. We just lift it by hand. I think the light just needs a new bulb. All the burners and the oven work just fine. The little thing that covers the pilot looks like it needs to be rechromed. One of the drip pans that go around the burners appears to have a small chip in the porcelain. I don't have any idea what the sides look like since it has been sitting where it is for close to 60 years. I'm just wondering what we should ask for the stove? It seems to be in pretty nice condiition. Any ideas what it might be worth? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SOONER4EVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2006
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll try to get some pics as soon as I get it moved out in the garage. I'm sure it will take some heavy duty cleaning but it will really look nice. I know it has a pot for the deep well but I don't think there are many more accessories with it. I'm going to call a place called Tyson's in OKC tomorrow. They have lots of old stoves and refurbish them. Oh, is it true they weigh 1000 pounds? I read that on one of these boards somewhere. I figure it will be heavy but 1000 pounds seems a bit much.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member RobbiQuest's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2005
    Posts
    323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nah, only 480 pounds.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Kitzig's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    303
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's very difficult to establish a price. Red stoves are appreciated, but the big problem is sometimes the location. You have to have a market in your area. Many really nice stoves have not sold at all on Ebay because the initial asking price was unrealistic, and people couln't afford to have it shipped. Forget the "if it was restored it would be worth $3,000" idea. A realistic price may be between $350 and $900 depending on the condition of the inside, the chips on the sides, the accessories and manuals that come with it, etc. Todd is an excellant resource for manuals and advice, and he is in Oklahoma. Good luck and we would love to see pictures.

    Lori G.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member fatfutures's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2006
    Posts
    259
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hehehe... only!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Pokey Roberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2006
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would like to try to work out some kind of deal
    The red stove is what I have been looking for.
    you can call me at
    870-696-3533
    [email][email protected][/email]
    Pokey Roberts

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SOONER4EVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2006
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The stove looks just like this with one exception. The back is taller and has a chrome tray across the top.

    [url="http://maplewoodonline.com/classifiedads/photos/04015824lgRedChambers.jpg"]http://maplewoodonline.com/classifiedads/photos/04015824lgRedChambers.jpg[/url]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Kitzig's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    303
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Like this one, except red? Does it have a tag under the front right burner with a model and serial number on it?

    [img]http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/8/9/0/8/7/webimg/17837040_tp.jpg[/img][img]http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/8/9/0/8/7/webimg/17837039_tp.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SOONER4EVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2006
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It is just like this one: [url="http://www.antiquestoveheaven.com/images/chambers4.jpg"]http://www.antiquestoveheaven.com/images/chambers4.jpg[/url] but it is red. I can't check for the tag right now because my wife is cooking supper on it.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member sadiepike's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2005
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm interested. Mattie was a red head.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •